Row 1000 m
50 push press (45/33#)
50 back squat (45/33#)
50 thrusters (45/33#)
anyone see a pattern forming here…?
Row 1000 m
Strength: (15 minutes)
3-3-3-3-3 (each arm)
Turkish Get Ups
work up in weight with each set
20 min AMRAP
400 m Run
5 burpee chin ups
10 burpee box jumps
Here’s a little information from StrongFirst about the importance of the Get Up…
“The Turkish Get Up is an elegant exercise that combines almost every shape your body needs to move through and every motor pattern necessary for human development and function.
Why is it so beneficial? Here is a list of reasons:
- Promotes cross lateralization (getting right brain to work with left side)
- Promotes upper body stability
- Promotes lower body stability
- Promotes reflexive stability of the trunk and extremities
- Ties the right arm to the left leg, and left arm to the right leg
- Gets the upper extremities working reciprocally (legs, too)
- Stimulates the vestibular system (one of three senses that contributes to balance)
- Stimulates the visual system (second of three senses that contributes to balance)
- Stimulates the proprioception system (third sense that contributes to balance)
- Promotes spatial awareness
- Develops a front/back weight shift
- Develops upper body strength, trunks strength, and hip strength”
Pick a “like partner”.
Perform ascending wallball ladder (20/14#) until you cannot execute the required number of reps UNBROKEN. Switch between sets.
Example: Partner A does 1 rep, Partner B does 1 rep, Partner A does 2 reps, Partner B does 2 reps and so on until you are unable to do the reps UNBROKEN.
Benchmark Girl Grace-last performed 5/22/2017 (compare your times)
30 Clean and Jerks for time (135/95#)
Grace is one of the CrossFit benchmark “Girl” WODs (because of the name, not because they are designed for women). The workout first appeared on the main site 24 June 2004.
These benchmark workouts are some of the most-well known in the world of CrossFit, which makes them perfect for comparing times. Benchmark workouts in CrossFit serve as a way to measure your progress. Since the workouts change so often it can be difficult to compare your performances with the past. With the benchmark workouts, you have real evidence that your fitness level is improving.
GOAL TIMES FOR THE GRACE WOD
- elite: Sub 2:00
- advanced: 2:00-3:00
- intermediate: 3:00-5:30
- beginner: 5:30-8:00
Athletes: These are estimated RX goal times, scale as needed to finish between these time frames.
TIPS FOR THE GRACE WOD
- This workout was designed to be a SPRINT. When scaling, keep in mind you want efficient, not sloppy, movement to fall under a 8:00 minute time cap. Record your results and repeat the workout in the near future to measure improvement.
- Avoid going to failure. Stop 1-2 reps short of failing.
- Use a moderate to fast pace for the first 20 reps, then sprint through the final 10 reps.
SWOD: (15 min time cap)
10 db curls (each arm)
10 ring dips
You knew these were coming!! Perform curls for the girls, immediately followed by ring dips. Attempt to move up in db weight with each set, if possible. Rest as needed between efforts. NOT FOR TIME. No designated set amount, just work for 15 minutes.
800 m run then…
body weight deadlifts
toes 2 bar
followed by 800 m run
For a good time, get ready to WOD and party with these guys! They know how to celebrate. Join us tonight for Friday Night Lights as we host CF Oakdale at 5:30 pm for Open Workout 18.3!! If any of our athletes would like to get their WOD on early so they can cheer on the 5:30 folks, Coach Carly will be ready to rock n roll with you at 3:30 and 4:30 pm! We will have pizza and beer post workout.
2 rounds for time of:
20 overhead squats
12 ring muscle-ups
20 dumbbell snatches
12 bar muscle-ups
Men perform 115-lb. OHS, 50-lb. DB snatches, Women perform 80-lb. OHS, 35-lb. DB snatches
Scaled: (Ages 16-54)
Men perform single-unders, 45-lb. OHS, chin-over-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 35-lb. DB snatches. Women perform single-unders, 35-lb. OHS, chin-over-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 20-lb. DB snatches
Men perform 75-lb. OHS, chest-to-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 35-lb. DB snatches. Women perform 55-lb. OHS, chest-to-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 20-lb. DB snatches
Scaled Masters 55+:
Men perform single-unders, 45-lb. OHS, jumping chest-to-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 20-lb. DB snatches. Women perform single-unders, 35-lb. OHS, jumping chest-to-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 10-lb. DB snatches
Time cap: 14 minutes
30 walking lunges
30 GHD sit ups
30 shoulder press (75/55#)
30 SDHP (75/55#)
30 ring dips
30 GHD sit ups
30 thrusters (75/55#)
30 calorie bike
Don’t forget tomorrow night at 5:30 pm we will host CrossFit Oakdale for 18.3! If you’d like to come us, please come cheer on the athletes or help judge, even if you aren’t planning on performing the workout! We will have pizza and beer after the fun. We will run several heats but if you’d like to come get it done early, don’t forget there’s always the 3:30pm OPEN GYM and the 4:30pm class time. See Ya at FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!! Wear your team colors and come represent!!
Kayli Ambrose’s Senior Project is this SATURDAY morning 3/10 at 10 am at Sonora High Track. Bring your family and friends to enjoy the 2 mile FUN RUN/WALK benefitting her favorite non profit organization! Cost is $15 and you can register on our home page today by clicking the link.