5 rounds for time of:
23 back squats, ¾ body weight
13 deadlifts, 1 ½ body weight
On May 2, 2011, 6 years ago yesterday, SEAL Team Six breached Osama bin Laden’s Abbottadad, Pakistan compound and ended the life of the most wanted terrorist on earth.
May 2, 2011 – In the early morning hours (approximately mid-afternoon on May 1 in the United States), a group of 25 Navy Seals raid the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- They arrive outside the compound in two Black Hawk helicopters.
- The operation takes 40 minutes total.
- US Special Forces must breach the outer walls of the compound before fighting their way through the ground floor of the three-story building where bin Laden lived.
- The firefight then moves to the second and third floors where the bin Laden family lives.
- In the last 5-10 minutes of the firefight, bin Laden is killed by a gunshot wound to the head, above the left eye.
- Three men, including a son of bin Laden, are killed as well as one woman.
- Bin Laden’s body is identified by one of his wives.
Today and every day, we honor the many sacrifices of those who protect our freedom; past, present and future.